Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 2


So I planned on getting 2 hours of paint time today, but for some reason I barely got 1 in. I've come to realize the Galkyd dries quickly, mabe it's just the 50 degree shade, but I think a little should go a long way. My biggest problem is I can't NOT see detail. This painting is small, mabey half size of what I actually see, but I still want to put all of the interest the sculptors spent their time on. I ended up spending most of the time today stuck in the minutia of the Palace, and trying to figure out the different greens of the different foliage. Oh well, I'll go back on Monday before I have to go to work and put in another hour or so. I'm not sure when I'll stop since I have no plans to finish. Hmm...

1 comment:

Helice Wen said...

nice study. good to see u today too.